Saturday, June 25, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #45

This week's CASE Study Challenge is to use THIS CARD (Click Here) as inspiration.  I love the way the sentiment banner is attached in a three dimensional way.  I wouldn't have thought of that.  
 When making this card I discovered that in all the ribbon I've been hoarding, I didn't have the right color to match this card.  I ended up dying white grosgrain ribbon with a reinker and it's so easy.  Click here for directions on how to do it.  It's quick and easy and you can even dry it with your heat gun.

If you invest in some white grosgrain ribbon, you can make it match just about anything using this technique.  It can also be colored with watercolors, or even chalks.  Click here for a great tutorial on using chalks to color ribbon.

5 comments:

nise said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Is this one beautiful! What are the stamps you used, if you would be so kind as to tell me please? What a great way to start my Saturday - - getting some inspiration from you. Thanks!! Off to vacuum and clean a bit before eventually painting the barn doors (plain old boring white) before Mr Wonderful gets here from work. Have a great FEEL GOOD weekend, Tara!

Jill said...

So pretty! I love the way you've done the butterfly train in front of the moon. And your color choices are just FAB!

lostinpaper said...

Just beautiful, Love the colours and the design is gorgeous!

Teneale Williams said...

Just beautiful! I love the details you have added. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very pretty card! I love the textures, the sky look very cool :)