Sunday, February 19, 2012

Embossed Grapes

I made this card using a sketch at a challenge blog that I later realized that has rules that you can only use Stampin Up supplies in order to play along with them.  I think that just stinks so I won't even mention who they are.  

I made this card by embossing a brass stencil with the cuttlebug and then tearing around the edges of the embossed rectangle it made.  This is a great way to put your old brass stencils to use.  Emboss them with the embossing mat the same way you would spellbinders dies.  
 After embossing the grapes, I held the stencil over the embossed image and rubbed some green pastel chalk over it to highlight the grapes.  

 Here's the inside:

SUPPLIES:
Stamps/Images: Sentiment is computer generated, Grapes brass stencil embossed with cuttlebug and highlighted with green pastel chalks.   
Paper:  Georgia Pacific White Cardstock, Moss Cardstock, K&Company DP
Ink/Coloring: Pastels
Accessories: Spellbinders Die Cuts- Fancy Tags, Button, Ribbon, Peridot Crystals, MS Arch Lattice Punch,  Tearing ruler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. You should enter this in Dreamweaver stencils green challenge!