Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blingy Bugs!

It's the official start of the weekend and I had a little play time tonight. I finished up a card that I started the other night and I wanted to share it with you....
This is a sparkly, blinged out bug card that I made using some of my new clear stamps and colored pencils. I started with a piece of background paper that I had laying around from a previous project. The background is white cardstock that was misted with Stamp Zia Ultra Color Wash Jewels. Nothing special, just a fine mist of beautiful jewel colors. Easy and beautiful... can't beat that!
I randomly stamped bugs from the Inkadinkado set called Gemstone Insects with jet black Archival Ink and then I colored them using my new Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol and a blending stump.

I embellished the card with grosgrain ribbon, paper flowers from my stash, punched leaves (EK Success Rock Fern punch), and rhinestone flowers from Oriental Trading Company.
I also added lots of Swarovski flat back crystals and stickles glitter.
Here's one more close look.

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you have a wonderful weekend. My husband and I planned a quiet, relaxing weekend for the first time in a long while and I'm looking forward to some down time and hopefully, some playtime in my art studio!

Until next time....

1 comment:

nise said...

You've gone blingin' buggy!! How bright and cheerful and pretty and FUN! So happy to see that you and your pencils are becoming the very best of friends. Enjoy your weekend!