Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stamp Something- Winter Somethings Challenge

 This week's challenge at Stamp Something is Winter Somethings.  Perfect for my last One Sheet Wonder card.  This is the last of 5 cards that I created with one sheet of handmade background paper.
I made the snowflake background paper using the White Outline Technique (click here for instructions). It's super easy and looks so beautiful when it's done.  I used Twinking H2O watercolors to color wash my paper so it has a gorgeous shimmer that doesn't show up in the pictures.  
 I dry embossed the background paper on this one with a snowflake embossing folder to give it a little extra texture.  I also embossed the flap of the envelope to make it match nicely.  That's an easy way to add a nice touch.
And here's the inside of the card.

Stamps/Images: Snowflakes- SU, Sentiment- SU
Paper: Marco's watercolor paper, White and Teal Cardstock
Ink/Coloring: Teal craft ink embossed with clear EP.
Accessories: Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, White Satin Ribbon, Swarovski Flat Back Crystals, Hardware Ribbon Slide.

5 comments:

president nise :) said...

Another beauty, Tara! I am definitely thinking of trying this technique. My only concern is do you use your iron on clothes, too? I'm a freak of nature and still iron regularly and I would hate to hurt my iron by crafting with it.

Lisa said...

WOW gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

Tara D. said...

Nise, Yes I used my regular iron... a very expensive Rowenta and it's fine. Just put two sheets of copy paper down just in case and make sure you have the background paper completely covered. Doesn't hurt the iron at all.

I was never big on ironing but I've lost a lot of weight this year and I notice that the smaller I get, the more I'm ironing. Go figure! lol

Tara D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is totally gorgeous!! LOVE the colors in the background with your embossed snowflakes!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something!!HUGS