Thursday, January 26, 2012

Homemade Envelopes with Labels

 This is just a quick post to show you how I use labels to address the envelopes that I make out of designer paper.  I love making homemade envelopes with my Martha Stewart Scoring Board but the patterned paper makes it so you have to use a label to make the address legible.  

I use large sheets of labels and print the return address and the address as shown above.  You can also print this on regular paper and use xyron or other adhesive to attach it to your envelope.
 Adhere the label so it wraps around the envelope with the address on the front and the return address on the back as shown in the pictures.  
I think this is a nice and different way to use a label on these pretty envelopes.  Let me know if you have other good ideas.  I'm always looking for something different.  

1 comment:

nise said...

This is really clever! I did have an envelope come back to me because the label I used peeled apart. It was like the postal machine scraped the printed layer off! Now I run a chunk of shipping tape over top, especially if it is going any distance. Wonderful Mojo Monday creation! Hope your good days are starting to pile up on one another!