Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quick and Easy or Clean and Simple?

Is there a difference between "quick and easy" and "clean and simple"? And if there is a difference, which one does this card fall into? I'm confused. Well, either way, I love the look of this simple card and it it's quick.

I met my goal of making and sending 25 cards to Cards for Heroes this week. The box is packed up and ready for it's trip to the post office. I also included 2 Dear Hero letters so I guess you could say that I participated in their 25+2 challenge even though I didn't see that until my box was packed up.

This is one of the cards I sent:
I found a small piece of unknown designer paper in my stash and I punched it with a square punch. The squares lined up on the card nicely so I added a rub-on sentiment punched out with an oval punch.
Some white grosgrain ribbon and some faux stitching with my white Singo pen and it's perfect.
Here's the inside. I punched a small heart in the white layer for some added detail.

I hope you enjoyed this simple one. And would you consider joining me in the 25+2 challenge and send some cards to Heroes?

1 comment:

nise said...

So pretty! Love the faux stitching, which even a sewing incompetent like me could do. I just might CASE this one! Great job on the cards for heroes. I am pleased that I mailed your son a card yesterday and it looked as boring as a bill.