Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mojo Monday #99

I know I've been missing in action for a couple of weeks and you've probably been wondering if I ran away or something. No, I'm still here. I am finding that my mojo sometimes takes a hike on me and seems to be in direct relation to the amount of stress in my life. I find this ironic because I thought papercrafting was a stress-reliever for me! Ha!

Well, this week's Mojo Monday Challenge brought my mojo back- I just hope it sticks around for a while!

The sketch is a fun one this week and here's my take on it:

For this card I used certainly celery cardstock layered with K & Company Hannah designer paper. The sentiments are from the SU set called It's Your Birthday.
I used a straight sewing machine stitch around the layers with beige thread.
I chose to make that top layer into a holder for a tag on my card. I did that by simply folding the designer paper into an open ended envelope. I stitched around the edges and punched the front layer with a circle punch.
Here's the tag pulled out of the slot. It is embellished with grosgrain ribbon, green brides flowers and paper flowers from my stash.
I added a small little layer of white cut with scallop scissors across the bottom of the tag holder.
And here's the inside embellished to match.

Thanks for stopping by... I hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Wowza, Tara, I totally love this card. Great take on the sketch, pretty color combo, and having that center panel as a pocket is way clever and fun. I've added this to my favorites; hope you don't mind if I case your pocket panel idea. Brilliant!