Thursday, September 3, 2009

More Watercolored Backgrounds

How cool is this?! I was playing with the watercolored backrounds that I made with Twinkling H2Os (see this post) and I decided to try stamping one of the large detailed SU background stamps on it. I was so pleased with the results!
Otherwise, this card is really simple. It doesn't need much with that gorgeous background. On this card I stamped the large background stamp with black pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The embossing combined with the shimmer of the background gives it an amazing rich detail and texture. It's too bad the photo doesn't show it that well.
The sentiment is from the SU set called Elegant Cheer and it's embossed also.
And here's the inside. I added a small strip of the background paper that was leftover when I trimmed the original piece to fit the front of the card. That's an easy detail that is so easy to do and adds so much to the inside of a card.

I hope you enjoyed this one! I have another great watercolor background to show you tomorrow, so be sure to stop back!

2 comments:

nise said...

You have excelled at the watercolor backgrounds. This is gorgeous! That ribbon is dreamy, too. I am not sure I am going to check out your bow stuff. I have the bow easy and it is NOT easy. I was monkeying around trying to figure it out for hours last night and I've seen videos and picture tutorials and grrr! I did get an email from cat for a fork bow that I can do. I am just bow and sewing challenged, I guess. Happy Holiday Weekend!

LynnB @Gingerwood said...

Tara
These H20 backgrounds are wonderful. I have this BG stamp & this technique would be a great way to use it. Off to play!