Sunday, September 27, 2009

My first Nesties Card

Don't get too excited... it's just a simple card, but it is technically my first card made with my new Nestibilities dies. I'm sending this card to my son at Fort Sill this week.
This card uses a white cardstock base with some blue designer paper to start. I cut a circle with my nesties and a scallop mat in black to go behind it. I kept the nestie die in place to add some blue ink to the background and stamped the owl which is from a $1 set of Studio G clear stamps.
I colored the owl with markers and a blender pen because my new set of prismacolor pencils isn't here yet (can't wait!). The "hi" sentiment is a rub-on from my extensive stash.

I am visiting my sister this weekend and I stopped at Joann's, AC Moore's and Michael's on the way here, armed with 40% off coupons. I plan to do that again on the way home tomorrow. I got some great stuff today and can't wait to get home to play! AC Moore's had a sale on Inkadinkadoo clear stamps and I bought about 8 sets.... that should give me lots to play with when I get back home!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

nise said...

Yippeee!! More new stuff and a cute Nestie card to share as well.
Hope you had a grand time with your sister.

Anonymous said...

Love your card! I thought I was the last person around that bought the cuttlebug/nestabilities. Guess you have me beat.