Thursday, March 5, 2009

Button Bear- Using a Really Old Set

Once again, I dug out a really old set to show some love.  This set has been neglected for way too long.  I brought it out with the intention of selling it because it's been years since I've used it, but now I'm not sure I want to part with it!   I can't decide.  I'm really not into cute at all, but there's something adorable about this bear.
I colored this adorable little bear with watercolor pencils and a blending pen.  I have the large set of Staedtler watercolor pencils and I love them.  I also stamped the bear a second time and cut out the feet, hand and bow and added those pieces to my card to make 3 dimensional pop ups.  
I stamped the hat and the gift separately and adhered them in 3D as well.  This gives a nice detail to the card.
I used SU soft sky and pixie pink cardstock along with designer paper from The Sweet Stack.  I've been using The Sweet Stack like crazy lately.  I really love that paper.  The flower ribbon slide is from Oriental Trading, the soft sky stitched ribbon is SU and the hot pink ribbon is a scrap from my jars.
Here's the inside with just a touch of detail.  

Now I'll have to decide whether to list this set on ebay tomorrow or not.  I'll sleep on it.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card!! The bear is adorable. TFS

Jacki Marie said...

Your card is lovely! Email me before you list it if you decide to. I used to have this set. Actually it was in the first SU order.