Wow... two posts tonight after almost nothing all week! I finally went into my studio and found some creative energy tonight after a week of being sick and so stressed that it's interfering with my everyday functions. Tonight's creative energy was made possible by medication but I'll take whatever I can get this week!
This card is not my best work, but it's something... and I tried a new technique. I was surfing over at splitcoast and came across a technique called blurred vision watercolor (click for directions). It seemed appropriate since I'm medicated but really I liked the ease of it and it looks so nice.
I used the SU set Sketch an Event and stamped the leaf image with garden green on Marl paper. I stamped them one at a time and used a blender pen to blur and soften the lines. Then I did the same with the butterflies using the berry breeze kalidacolor ink pad. I embossed the panel with the cuttlebug swirl folder and sponged some ballet blue ink on the edges.
I stamped two extra butteflies on another sheet of marl paper then I blurred them and cut them out. I attached them with glue dots in the center and folded up the wings to make them 3 dimensional.
I added some SU ribbon and mounted the whole panel on an eggplant envy card base. This is a pretty simple card without all the layers I usually do, but I love the color and the spring feel.
I want to thank you all for stopping by and continuing to support my artistic efforts here. It means so much to me. I should also let you know that this coming week is only going to be even more stressful for me and you may not see me here much, if at all. Hopefully I will pull through this week and get back to normal after that. Thanks for being patient with me- I'm going trough an extremely difficult time.
Oh, BTW, if you haven't already, scroll down to the next post to see the other card I made tonight for a color challenge.