Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge #76- Stella Stamper




Okay, I think I'm addicted to all of these fun challenge blogs!  Tonight I made a card using the card sketch on this week's Mojo Monday Challenge

The sketch is pictured on the right and here's my card:



I dug out a very old Stampin Up set- Stella Stamper (remember that one?!)- because it will be my next set to hit the auction block over on ebay.  I'm trying to show some love to all the stamp sets that I am selling before I part with them.   I'm even including my "last card" with each set that I'm selling.  Fun, right?
So, here's Stella in all her glory one last time.  

I colored her with Sharpie and Bic markers and then I used a blender pen and bashful blue ink to make a light blue watercolor-like border around the image.  I also used my SU creamy caramel marker for her skin because I didn't have a permanent marker that would work.  I used certainly celery cardstock as a base and the same color ribbon.   I layered the card with black cardstock and designer paper.

I used an extra layer that was not on the sketch on the front of this card.  I think I'm getting to the point where I've been layering so much that I just **can't** make a card that consists of just one sheet of cardstock as the base.  I need LAYERS and then more layers!  Until it feels like it's bullet-proof.  {grin}
Here's the inside... continuing the theme from the front.  This is a really cute set.  I wonder why I haven't used it in years?

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow I hope.

6 comments:

Kate Souder said...

Truly my favorite of the Mojo 76! It's great!

Unknown said...

This is great!!! I love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Your layering is perfect--not too much and adds to the beauty.

Jacki Marie said...

I really like this set to! I didn't have it but a friend of mine did so I had her stamp some images for me. The cards look great. I like the attention you pay to details that you carry all they way to the inside.

Anonymous said...

Tara -- I love how you finish off the inside of your cards! I've not seen that before -- so creative and fun!

Paper doll

Bev said...

Beautiful! Love the pretty colours