Friday, March 20, 2009

A Recipe Box- Altered Lunch Tin

Today I'm sharing another altered tin project that I made a while ago as a gift for my mother-in-law.  I thought I'd share it now because I haven't any time for new projects this week and it's time to start thinking about Mother's Day gifts.
This is a provocraft lunch tin and they make many different shapes of tins.  If you google to look for them, you'll find some online.  I got mine at one of the big box chain craft stores.  I used a paper pack from Oriental Trading Company to embellish this one.  I don't think that pack is available any longer but any papers would work for this.
I made a pocket inside the lid that would be handy for notes and added a cute paperclip to the pocket.
And here's the dividers.  I think these tins really make great gifts.  If you make one, I'd love to see it.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back soon.  I'd like to thank those who said a prayer for us this week.  We are not through our difficulties yet, but I am getting back in the swing of things slowly after a really difficult week.  I am hoping to be back to regular posts by the end of the weekend.  See you then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I came across your blog from a link on SCS (cb quilt card) I am so glad I did! Love all your creations..esp the cb quilt cards! TFS! I will be back!