Saturday, March 7, 2009

Well Behaved Women

Today I'm sharing another card with sewing.  I am really loving the results I'm getting with my sewing machine.  My poor sewing machine has been neglected for so long that I had to dig out the manual to figure out all the different stitches.  I have a feeling it won't be seeing fabric again for a while- unless I sew fabric to a card.  Ooohhh, that's an idea!

Well, here's my newest card:
On this card, I stamped the images with black craft ink and used clear embossing powder for a raised image.  I can't remember the last time I heat embossed either.  I'm breaking out all kinds of new and old stuff lately!
I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color the image and embellished it with swarovski crystals.  That makes her necklace, ring and the center of the flower in her hat stand out.  It's hard to get a good picture of those crystals- in real life, they are stunningly gorgeous.
I did lots of zig-zag stitching on this card and I love the texture it gives the card.  I'm really getting the hang of it now.
And here's the inside of the card.  

Hope you enjoyed this one.  Have a great weekend!  We have unexpectedly beautiful weather here so we may get outside a little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Tara!! I like your colors and layout - very fun!