Friday, July 10, 2009

Challenge: Mojo Monday #94

I'm playing along this week in the Mojo Monday Challenge.  Isn't this a great sketch?  You can click here to go to the Mojo Monday blog and see all of this week's wonderful entries.   There's a lot of them and they are giving away great prizes!

I changed the orientation of the sketch for my card.  It just worked better in my mind that way I guess.  Here's my card:

The main stamped panel of this card is a paint chip from the paint department at Home Depot.  I love the color and based my card around it.  I stamped the flower image by Hero Arts (thank you Debbie in Conroe) in black pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  
The rest of the layers of this card are designer paper from the K & Company K-ology Scrap Pad to Go called Hannah.  These papers are great.  I love the patterns and they are nice and thick.  And, they are double sided.   What more could you want?!
I added some stitching to give the card some nice detail.  The black grosgrain ribbon and three light blue pearls finish it off nicely.
And this butterfly is the perfect embellishment.  I started with a plain antique gold colored charm and painted it with acrylic paint to match the card.  Once it was dry, a coat of clear nailpolish seals and protects it while giving it a nice shine.  If you are looking for reasonably priced charms, click here to see what I have to offer on my sale blog.  
Here's the inside, layered and stitched to match.
And here's a close up of the stitching on the inside.  What an easy way to give your cards beautiful detail.  

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kylie Maher said...

Love the card Tara, the stiching is just perfect.
Great Job.

nise said...

You and your sewing machine are such a great pair! Beautiful card and I like your color inspiration.