Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just Buzzing By...

Well, you've probably noticed that I haven't had much time in my art studio lately. I've been super busy with work, which is good. And even better is the fact that my work is just as creative as my play.

If you are curious about what I do for a living, just click here. Go ahead, I'll wait.... So what do you think? I love what I do and I love that I'm able to make a living as an artist. I primarily sell wholesale to gift shops but from now until December, I'll be a weekend warrior at arts and crafts shows.

Okay, enough of that and back to the fun stuff....
I got a little bit of time in my art studio and created this card to send to my son in Army basic training. The stamps are from A Country Welcome and I bought them many, many years ago.
The background is designer paper. Black grosgrain ribbon and shiny gold brads give the front a nice touch.
The image is colored with SU markers and a blender pen.
I made the bear a little bit 3-dimensional. Here's a closer look.
And here's the inside that matches.

I have something very cool to share with you tomorrow... it's a new addition to my art studio and it's so awesome. Come back tomorrow to see what it is.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Joan B said...

wow your jewelry designs are gorgeous. i had no idea! and your card is adorable.