Sunday, May 10, 2009

Alcohol Ink Splatter

I hope you are all enjoying Mother's Day and have found some time this weekend to stamp.   I have enjoyed an entire weekend of stamping, which is very rare indeed!

After the discussion on Gingerwood about this cool technique called Alcohol Ink Splatter, I just had to try it.  You can click here for a Tim Holtz how-to video.  It's really very fun, super easy and the results are nothing less than stunning.

Here's my card:
I got a little carried away and I used every color of alcohol inks that I have, but I like the end result.  I randomly stamped over it with Stampin Up's Infinite Goodness set using Jet Black Archival Ink and matted it with SU Always Artichoke cardstock.
Here's a closer look at the front.  I used an antique brass flower to finish it off.
And here is the inside, layered to match.  I added a narrow strip from the front to pull the card together and give it a nice detail.  

I'm giving this technique a thumbs up!

No comments: