Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge #43

The Color Throwdown Challenge Blog is hosting challenge #43 which calls for three gorgeous colors- Lavender Lace, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant.  I just love that color combo!

Here's my card:
This is a simple card that uses background paper made with the Wrinkle Free Distress technique.  I had not planned on leaving the card so "plain" but it just seemed done and I think it would make a nice masculine birthday card.  I always struggle to have enough cards for men since my style is definitely more feminine.
The background paper is made with Stampin Up classic inks on regular white cardstock.  If you click the link above, you will find a tutorial on making this gorgeous paper.  It's super easy!  The stitching is a basic zig zag stitch made by my trusty old sewing machine.  
And here's the inside.  Just simple layers with the added detail of stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: