Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1st Annual 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown

Have you seen the exciting new challenge going on over at 2 Sketches 4 You?  It's so big and so exciting that you really need to check it out!  It's the 1st Annual 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown.  Click here for all the details and scroll down to see my entry!

Here it is:
The challenge is a card sketch and you can view the sketch by clicking here.  
For this card I started by picking out a few patterns of designer paper to work with.  I chose the three different patterns from a Colorbok Deluxe Specialty Paper Pack called Floral.  I would give you a link for it, but I can't find it online at the moment.  I'm sure that I picked it up at one of the big box craft stores.

The cardstock is Stampin Up in bashful blue and cranberry crisp.  The ribbons are also Stampin Up in bravo burgundy, bashful blue and certainly celery.  Those are leather flower blooms held together with a pink brad (all from my stash).

Super tip: I do not own a scalloped border punch so I used my Stamping Up rounded slot punch to create that scalloped border by punching repeatedly down a narrow strip of paper.  How cool is that?!
The hardware is from Stampin Up's Hodgepodge Hardware kit in antique gold.  I added several types of decorative stitches with my sewing machine and pink thread.  The sentiment on the front of the card is from the Stampin Up set called Delight in Life.  It is stamped right on the designer paper with black pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.
And here's the inside.  More stitching and more matching paper.  I like to have the inside of my cards look just as nice as the front.  

I hope you like my entry.  I put a lot of thought into it and I would LOVE to be one of the finalists in this contest!  

18 comments:

anja curvers said...

I like your card it is very nice especially how you did the inside.

TesaB said...

It's stunning! LOVE all the stitching and layering. So much work! and the result is fantastic!

nise said...

You have been making A LOT of cards! I hope your "muse incentive" lets you get some sleep one of these nights. This is so beautiful! Love the papers and that stitching is perfect! Neat-o leather flowers, too. Excellent job, Tara!

Kathryn said...

I really love the sewing on this card; especially how you used the scallop pattern on the side to complement the scalloped paper.

This is really lovely.

Have a great day,
--Kathryn :)

Tamaroo said...

You can tell you worked very hard on your card! It is beautiful!

cnelson said...

what a gorgeous card! love it in every way!!

~Lori Roop said...

That PP is hust fabulous!! Cute flowers too! TFP!

Latisha said...

this is just beautiful, so much detail in this card, just gorgeous

Regan said...

now that is a gorgeous card!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful card! I love how you decorated the inside too! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Traveling Mama said...

What a great take on the sketch! Love all the layers!

Kim Sonksen said...

Truly gorgeous! I adore the layering and how you carried on with the deign on the inside of the card

Thanks so much for taking part in the UCS

papertrails leaver said...

a beautiful card inside and out! Love the use of ribbon and metal accents. Good luck!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Your card is truly FABULOUS. The stitching is just perfect and the colors are wonderful. WOW!!!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Love the colours. You did a nice job. Good luck with the challenge.

**Nancy** said...

gorgeous card!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Beautious Card!!! So many details...Love it!!

claudia shadler said...

Very nice! I like flowers and the inside of the card!

Clouds :D