Friday, June 26, 2009

Congratulations with Handmade Ribbon Roses

This is a birthday card that uses the SU set called Congrats.  This is a really cool set that is very versatile.  I was lucky enough to win the set from Michele's box top contest on the Gingerwood board.  (Thanks again Michele!)

I used layers of designer paper on this card.  I don't remember which slab of paper it's from at the moment, but the very bottom layer is actually vellum that has the same pattern as the next largest layer.  The different papers give the card an interesting look.
I used my SU slit punch to make the scallop and believe it or not, I made those roses!  I'm so thrilled with how they came out.  They are so super easy too!  You wouldn't believe how easy they are to make.  You can click here for a video tutorial.  
Here's the inside and as you can see, the sentiment on the inside is what makes this congratulations card into a birthday card.  

I hope you enjoyed this one and I hope you'll try making a ribbon rose.

2 comments:

paige said...

What beautiful cards you make - stunning! I love the way you pay detailed attention to the insides as well. You are very inspiring!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow... gorgeous card!
And thanks for the link to the rose tutorial... I'm definately going to try that!
:D