Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Monday Mojo Challenge #91

This week's Mojo Monday Challenge sketch is a great one.  You can see it by clicking here.  And you can see my take on it here:
 I like the shape of this card, which is tall and long to fit into a business sized envelope.  In keeping with my "what's old is new again" streak, that colorful paper is made with art tissue and if you keep reading, I'll tell you how to do it.
This card uses all SU cardstock and stamps.  The cardstock is Groovy Guava, Marigold Morning and Regal Rose.  The swirly flower background stamp is called Swirls and Blossoms and the diamond pattern background stamp is from the set called Looks Like Spring.   

I also used the Cuttlebug to dry emboss the two main panels of this card.  I used Swiss Dot and Swirls folders.
That colorful paper is made by spritzing white cardstock with water and then laying down torn pieces of art tissue paper.  I use Spectra brand art tissue paper.  Just so you know, regular colored tissue paper will not work.  When you get the wet cardstock covered with tissue, spritz it with water again and lay another piece of white cardstock down on it.  Then use a brayer to smoosh it all together.  When you pull it all apart, you end up with some gorgeous rainbow colored paper to stamp on.

The antique brass corners and flower pieces are from my jewelry business and you can get your hands on some reasonably priced brass findings on my other blog- just click here.
The oval metal frame is from SU's Hodgepodge Hardware set and the sentiment is printed out on my computer in a font called Pharmacy, which is one of my favorites.  It's so fun and fresh.
And here's the inside.  

I hope you enjoyed this one.  I am so happy to have had some playtime tonight and I have more to share with you this week so come back again tomorrow!  

2 comments:

nise said...

How pretty and summer-y! I like how you used 2 different folders in the bug. It all goes together beautifully! I actually hopped over from here the other day and looked at some of the mojo sketches, then I used one. GASP! I do like this one, too. Off to play a bit and make some cards that need to go in the mail SOON.

Tara D. said...

Nise, you should start a blog. I would love to see your artwork on a regular basis!