Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day Card

I got a some much needed playtime in last night and made a couple of Father's Day Cards.  I made two of the same card this year- one for my dad and one for my hubby's dad.  They live several states apart from one another so they won't know they got the same card.  {grin}

Here it is:
I found that great plaid designer paper a while back at one of the big box stores.  I bought it because it has such a masculine feel and I love the colors.  It reminds me of golf for some reason.
This card is simple layers with some stitching and ribbon.  The stamp is SU stamped with black pigment ink and embossed with clear powder.  The ribbon slide is from SU's hodgepodge hardware kit in antique gold.  The cardstock colors are black, always artichoke and cranberry crisp.  They match that DP perfectly, don't you think?
And here's the inside- layered and stitched to match.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to play again tonight so that I'll have some things to share with you this week.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I love this card! I bought a Jenome sewing machine and would love to learn how to do the stitching like you have on your cards. Your artwork is so amazing and detailed. Kudos!