Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My First Christmas Cards (Sort of)

I decided that I'm going to start making a few Christmas cards and here's the first ones:
Well, they are more winter than Christmas, but that's okay!  For the snowflake paper on these cards I used the White Outline technique again.   
I used the SU set called Snowflakes and I stamped them with versamark on white cardstock and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then I colorwashed over them with Twinking H2O watercolors in blue and teal.  When it dried, I covered it with a piece of copy paper and ironed it to remove the embossing.  It looks so pretty in real life with the shimmery watercolors.
I layered brilliant blue and taken with teal cardstock on this card and I stitched around the edge with dark blue thread.  I also added white and teal grosgrain ribbon.
Here's a close up of the bow with two gem pins.  The pins are from the floral supply store and are capped with earring backs.
I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo but I added Swarovski crystals to the centers of the snowflakes and that makes the card very sparkly.  
And here's the inside with a strip of the handmade snowflake paper (from trimming it to fit the front of the card) and there's some stitching and couple more Swarovski crystals on the inside too.

So it's official.  My first two Christmas cards are done.  

2 comments:

Joan B said...

this is gorgeous!!!!

nise said...

Need to try this technique, although I do use my iron on clothes regularly. What a stunning card! Liked that masculine bleach card, too. No colored glue sticks, but you sure are clever. Nice job in the creativity department lately.