Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge #89

I decided to play along with this week's Mojo Monday Challenge.  Here's the sketch:
And here's my card:
I chose some gorgeous paper from a K & Company Scrap Pad to Go called Hannah.  Stampin up Old Olive cardstock matches it perfectly and I used that to mount the whole card on a square backing.  
I added lots of stitching to this card with some neutral colored tan thread.  My sewing machine hasn't been used this much in years!  I'm really enjoying adding stitching to my cards.  It's so rewarding!  The detail it gives just can't be beat.
That gorgeous antique gold butterfly is from my stash for my handmade jewelry business (see note below).
The stamped image is a retired set from Stampin Up called Garden Collage.  I stamped in black over some ivory cardstock that I distressed and colored using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique.  I think that is such a cool technique and I'm finding that I can easily and quickly make the perfect colored background paper to match anything.  Lovin' it!!!!
And here's the inside- layered with matching papers, stitched and embellished.  

I hope you enjoyed this one and I hope to see you again soon.  Please bookmark me or add me to your Google Reader!  And feel free to leave a comment here... I love comments!

Just a note:  I have some brass charms for a great price on my other blog, but I don't think that butterfly is listed there yet.  If you are interested in that exact one, feel free to contact me.  As a matter of fact, if you are ever looking for a specific themed charm- and I mean ANY charm, contact me.  I probably have it- and for a better price than anyone else to boot.  My collection is so vast that I could never get it all listed!  

5 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

lovely card for the sketch. I love the colors!

marciad said...

Beautiful card. You are so talented.

nise said...

Another gorgeous card! I have been using the wrinkle free distress technique, too, and enjoying it. I like vintage and have done some on cream colored paper. Think I may try kraft paper next. Still too scared to fire up great grandma's treadle sewing machine, butI LOVE your stitching. And your stamping and your charms and you get my drift...

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun stiching and butterfly accents. Fabulous job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty... and what a beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing! :)