Sunday, June 21, 2009

Masculine Birthday Card with Bleach Stamping

The next installment in my "What Old is New Again" series is bleach stamping.  Here's the card:
This card uses the SU set called Ferns and I randomly stamped the fern stamp on handsome hunter cardstock with bleach.  The bleached out sections turned a nice brownish color that I matched with a layer of sahara sand cardstock.  Some black added to the card pulls the whole look together.
Another thing I'd like to point out about this card is the size.  A few months ago I won an ebay auction for eight packs of large SU envelopes.  I paid almost nothing for them and when I got them, I tucked them away.  It's time to use them.  The envies are the size of a half sheet of cardstock and I made this card to fit that envelope.  I wonder what the postage will be on this one!
Here's a closer look at the front.  The sentiment is stamped with black pigment ink and embossed with clear.  The button is tied to the ribbon with some hemp twine.  
And here's the inside.  Pretty plain.  

I hope all of the men in your life are having a wonderful Father's Day.  If you want to see the card that I made for my dad click here.  Have a great day!

No comments: