Thursday, June 18, 2009

White Outline Stamping

In my continuing effort to use what I have and not buy any supplies for a while, I've been looking around for some "old" techniques.  I found this one listed over at Gingerwood and it's called White Outline.  Click here for directions.  And here's my first card with it:
I just love this one!  In a nutshell, I used clear embossing ink and powder to stamp and emboss my images.  Then I painted it with watercolors.  For this card I used Niji Watercolors.  

When it was dry, I placed it between a few sheets of copy paper and then ironed it with a hot iron. This picks up the embossing and leaves you with beautiful, shimmery white outlines.  In real life it's gorgeous!
With such spectacular backgound paper, this card doesn't need much else so it's really a very simple card.  The cardstock is SU brocade blue and green galore.  The stamps are all from the SU set called Infinate Goodness.  The antique brass pear charm is from my jewelry business.  You can see what I have to offer for your creations by clicking here to visit my other blog.
Here's a close up of the watercolored background paper.  
And here's the inside. 

Before I go, I have a tip for you:  
When you are making your own background paper, start with a full sheet of cardstock and cut it evenly into 4 quarters (5.5 by 4.25 inches each).  Use these quarter sheets to make your backgrounds and then when you trim them to fit your card fronts, you will end up with a strip that you can add to the inside of the card to dress it up like I did above.  

1 comment:

nise said...

yowee wowee!! That is one neat-o card! I think I need to maybe try this one out. Of course, I have no hope of even coming close to your gorgeous creation, but if my people don't read your blog, I should be able to pull off a minor miracle and have them thinking I'm talented.