Friday, February 6, 2009

Another Cuttlebug Quilt Card

Here's another "Quilt" card that I made with Cuttlebug embossing folders and a square punch.  This time I used a 1 1/4 inch square punch and it worked pretty good on an A2 sized card.
I didn't have any brown flowers so I dyed these flowers (they were white) with some water and a few drops of SU Close to Cocoa ink.  I've never done that before.  It was surprisingly easy and I like the results.  It took a few tries though because I didn't realize you have to add reinker to water and not use it full strength!  :-)  
I'm really pleased with the color combo too.  I was using up scraps from my scrap pile!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll come by again soon and share a cup of coffee with me.  I should explain that everyday, take a few minutes to sit down with my laptop and a cup of coffee.  Basically a little a break from my day to spend a few minutes sharing what I love.  I sip my coffee and write my post for that day and I feel like I'm having a cup of coffee with you!

Before I go, I'd like to thank those of you who have taken the time to leave me wonderful comments.  I'm so grateful for the feedback.  Especially you, 'Nise.  Thanks for all the lovely comments you've left me.  It warms my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool scrap quilt card! Did you get my email? If so, forget about me and my hanging around here anymore. I cannot drink coffee. It's for grown-ups and I'm not grown up enough to drink it!! And here I thought you were going to be a fun new friend. Chuckling as I prepare to head off into the weekend. Blab at ya next week, Tara. Take care and Happy Stamping!