Monday, February 2, 2009

Cuttlebug Love Quilt Card

I'm really, really loving my new Cuttlebug!  This card is another one that I used both my Cuttlebug and my Cricut on.  I think it came out very cool!   I decided to make a Valentine card without using traditional colors.  I did use red, but I think the green is nice diversion from the traditional Valentine colors.  Although, it does look a little Christmas-y now that I think about it!
Here's the inside.  I purposely glued those hearts down without them matching up perfectly.  I flipped one over so they wouldn't line up exactly.
I used SU real red, old olive and whisper white cardstock.  The ribbon is from SU as well.  The hearts are cut with the Cricut Basic George cart (the only cart I own!).   I embossed the cardstock with two different Cuttlebug patterns (swirls and textile) and punched out squares with a 1 inch square punch.  Then I glued them down to make a quilt-like pattern.  I glued olivine Swarovski crystals where the corners meet.
I hope you like it!  I've been playing around with this quilt idea and there's lots of possibilities.  I have others to show you soon.  Make sure you stop back again soon to see them!  

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Very nice and great idea! Thanks for sharing.