Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I love this holiday because it's an excuse to be a little bit more romantic than usual.  I'm a lucky girl because my hubby enjoys it too.  Tonight I'm sharing the gift I made for him.  We never spend much money on each other at any holiday and we get a lot of pleasure from being creative and making handmade things.
Here's what I am leaving for him to find when he wakes up in the morning.  It's a little love notes notebook with a matching card.  We frequently leave little love notes for each other either on scrap paper or the chalkboard in the pantry.  I had an idea that it might be nice to use this book to leave our notes for each other and then when it's full we'll have a wonderful little book of memories and love.  I wrote a little note to him on the first page to get us started.
Here's the card that matches.  I used designer paper for this and I chose this paper because he loves the color yellow and I thought the flowers were very fun.
I also wanted to share the wrapped candy bars I made.  We are having dinner with friends for Valentine's Day and I wanted to give a little gift to each of them.  I bought those really big Hershey bars and wrapped them in designer papers and ribbon.
I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  I've never done this before so I wasn't sure if I'd like it.  Turns out that I LOVE them!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your romantic holiday!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Creative Heart Designs said...

Wow! I love your candy bar wrappers. What a nice thing to do and I KNOW they will love them. You are so inspirational. Thanks.

Debra in Conroe
http://Debscreativeheart.blogspot.com