Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine (non-traditional)

 
Today I'm sharing a Valentine card.  I've challenged myself to go the non-traditional route with Valentine cards this year.  To me that means not the usual colors of red and pink and not the usual romantic, victorian feel that I think of when I think of this holiday.  
 
This is a really simple card using black and white designer paper.  The hearts are cut on the Cricut using George and Basic Shapes and then embossed with the Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I finished it off with a scrap ribbon from my stash and a couple of white paper flowers I found tucked away in a jar of flowers.
 I'm on the look out for some examples of non-traditional Valentines.  If you know of any on the web or if you have some to share yourself, please do share!  
Before I go, I'd like to thank those of you who emailed me with suggestions to improve my photography.  I got lots of great advice and hopefully it will improve the look of my blog in the very near future.  I dug out the manual for my camera and I'm learning to use it with the manual settings.  It may take me a while to accomplish better results, but I'm trying!  Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE!!! the special day thing over to the side! That is way cool! Just another reason I'll be hanging around here, Tara. Oh and this is one awsomely elegant Valentine. Your cuttlebug swirls on the hearts are an excellent idea. Sadly, I have no inspiration or photography tips to share with you. Hope I can just "OOOH" and "Aaaah" and it'll be enough.